Our mission is simple and direct: To make a substantial and lasting positive impact in the lives of the less fortunate in the Philippines.
In 2011, with just a few hundred dollars we handed out canned goods to families in Batangas. But over time we learned what would help families the most – education, medical care, and support to pick themselves up out of poverty. In 2017, we launched our first Relief Week, where we gave away goats and chicks to families to raise and build a small backyard business. We also expanded The Ernie Deomampo Jr Memorial Scholarship, which has seen dozens of students graduate, find good paying jobs, and is helping dozens more stay in school. Our free medical clinics and eyeglass giveaways have helped thousands.
We cannot carry out our mission without your generous support.
You can rest assured that 100% of your donations go directly to helping those in need. The administrative costs of running the charity are segregated and funded separately. So if you donate $100 to buy a pig, rest assured that money buys a pig. It does not pay for petrol, or web design, or t-shirts, or anything else. Similarly, all of those who help with the charity donate their time and pay their own expenses. We do this so that you can know that your donation in full goes directly to helping those in need.
Our goal is to help families pull themselves up out of poverty. We do this in a number of ways:
- Our micro-grant program has given away more than 2,000 chicks 135 pigs, and 120 goats. These allow family to start a backyard business and grow it into sustained income for many years to come.
- We have opened The Ernie Deomampo Jr Memorial Scholarship to all students at colleges or universities in Batangas, Cavite and Paranaque, using an enhanced application and interview process to find the best and brightest with the most need. Already, the Scholarship has seen dozens of students we supported graduate. Currently, we support more than 40 across five colleges and universities ranging from first year college students to many who will graduate next April.
- Our focus on education expanded as we now provide school uniforms to primary school students and launched our “Groceries for Grades” Program where selected families will receive $20 worth of groceries every month in exchange for their children’s perfect school attendance.
- We continue our free medical clinics that we started in 2016. Each year we aim to help care for more than 1000 patients, and have expanded to provide eye exams and glasses to those most in need.
2020: 06 – 12 November
- Medical Care: During Relief Week, we will host a two-day free medical clinic, with the aim to help more than 500 patients. With funds raised during our annual drive, we hope to fund another two clinics over the next twelve months. Our amazing team of doctors, dentists, and nurses care for and treat those who otherwise simply cannot afford medical care.
- Eye Care: Our eye care program teams up with a local optometrist to provide free eye exams and glasses to those who struggle to see properly – kids in school, parents and the elderly.
- Micro-grants: We do not give away handouts, but instead a helping hand. We partner with select families who can take a pig or chicks and grow them into a business. We’ve had some amazing success stories over the years, watching families radically improve their lives because of a donated pig or some chicks.
Relief Week is Coming
Education is a key focus during Relief Week
- The Ernie Deomampo Jr Memorial Scholarship: We currently provide scholarships to dozens of students and aim to provide more in November during Relief Week. Our goals are simple – keep good students in school so they can graduate and get good paying jobs. So far in 2019, we have received more than 150 applications from students hoping for our support.
- School Uniforms: A relatively modest donation can help a family get their kids ready for the school year with new uniforms for fast growing kids.
- Groceries for Grades: This is one of the most exciting initiatives. We are working with a team of educators in order to identify families to receive $20 of groceries each month in exchange for perfect school attendance by their children. A great program that we hope will put kids on a strong path of education and provide assistance to the family at the same time.
How You Can Help
To help, all you have to do is go shopping at our online Relief Mart, below. Simply purchase the items you want and we will distribute them to those in need. No matter what you buy – whether it is a piglet, $20 for our Groceries for Grades program, or even a pair of glasses – it all makes a big difference. If donations could be made by 2 November that will give us time to distribute your kindness and generosity during Relief Week.
If you could also spread the word about what we are doing in the Philippines. We only ask for help and funds once a year! The lead-up to Relief Week is our only chance to raise funds to support all of our programs through the entire year. If a friend or family member would also support us, we could positively impact so many more people in need in the Philippines. Thank you!
The Ernie Deomampo Charitable Trust
For USA tax residents:
Relief Brigade Inc is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit corporation, incorporated under the laws of Delaware. Your donations are tax deductible.
For Australian tax residents and others:
The Ernie Deomampo Charitable Trust, ABN 68 549 581 766, is a Registered Charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission. Unfortunately, at this time donations to the Ernie Deomampo Charitable Trust are not tax deductible.
If you purchase an item in our Relief Mart or otherwise donate to The Ernie Deomampo Charitable Trust or Relief Brigade Inc, you consent to the use of your name appearing on this website and social media, including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram, whether in writing or in pictures/digital images. Should you wish not to have your name used in this way please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
© 2019 The Ernie Deomampo Charitable Trust. All Rights Reserved.